It was a great honour to speak at the SDG7 Pavilion at the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow on 1st November 2021. The session focused on ‘How do we scale low carbon cooking?’ and was hosted by Sustainable Energy for All. I highlight how the UN Framework Classification for Resources (UNFC) can help to scale low carbon cooking and shift investments into the sector. The session was chaired by Steven Hunt (FCDO) and speakers included:
- Ambassador Dr Monica Juma (Cabinet Secretary Energy, Kenya),
- Joint Secretary Ram Gopal Kharbuja (Joint Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Water Resources, and Irrigation (MoEWRI), Nepal),
- Anne Songole (ACCESS Coalition),
- Simon Batchelor (Modern Energy Cooking Services/Gamos),
- Ben Jeffreys (ATEC*),
- Irene Wanjohi (Kenya Power)
- Long Seng To (Loughborough University/UN Expert Group on Resource Management).
Watch the session here (starting from 18:30 in the recording).